This is an all-time favorite at this house!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package button mushrooms washed, patted, dry, and sliced
- 3 tsp, minced garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- cooking spray
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spray non stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium high.
2. Add the chicken and sauté until brown on one side.
3. Add garlic and flip over chicken breasts and add mushrooms.
4. Continue cooking while stirring mushrooms.
5. Cook for about 3 minutes then add vinegar, broth, bay leaf, and thyme.
6. Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove chicken, set aside and keep warm.
8. Continue simmering sauce, uncovered for about 7 minutes.
9. Discard bay lead and pour mixture over chicken and serve!
Make extra and use for your salad or lunch the next day!