Here in PA it is FREEZING! I’m talking, the high temp on Tuesday this week is 2 degrees! It was a pretty cold day today as well, so I decided to make some Clean Eating Chicken Noodle Soup. It was my first time using this recipe, which always makes my husband nervous, but everything turned out fantastic! Not to mention it was SIMPLE! This would be a great recipe to throw together before work and have ready for when you get home! You could even do a lot of the prepping the night before!
- 2 lbs chicken (raw) cut up into 2 inch pieces
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 chopped carrots
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- Add all of the ingredients, except the noodles, in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours (6 worked perfect for me). The last hour of cooking, add the pasta and continue cooking for about one more hour.
That’s it!! Enjoy!