- Eat more – eat six small meals each day.
- Eat breakfast every day, within an hour of rising.
- Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbs at each meal.
- Eat sufficient (two to three servings) of healthy fats every day.
- Carry a cooler packed with clean foods each day.
- Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
- Adhere to proper portion sizes.
- Avoid all over-processed foods, particularly white flour and sugar.
- Avoid all chemically charge foods.
- Avoid foods containing preservatives.
- Avoid artificial sugars.
- Avoid artificial foods such as processed cheese slices.
- Avoid saturated and trans fats.
- Avoid sugar loaded beverages (including soda and juice)
- Avoid, or do your best, to limit alcohol intake.
- Avoid all calorie dense foods containing little or not nutritional value.
- Avoid super sizing your meals.
Complex Carbohydrates from Whole Grains and Starchy Carbohydrates:
2-4 portions each day. A portion is:
* 1 scant handful of high-protein, sugar free cold cereals
* 1 handful of cooked cereal
* 1 piece of whole-grain bread (or seven inch wrap)
* 1 handful-sized serving of sweet potato, yam, banana, corn, carrots or squash
6 portions each day. A portion is:
* 1 cup / 1 handful of dairy products (low-fat soy, almond, hemp, rice or skim milk, cottage cheese, yogurt cheese or plain, fat free, sugar free yogurt)
* 1 scant handful of raw, unsalted nuts (this is also a healthy fat)
* 2 Tablespoons of all-natural nut butters (this is also a healthy fat)
* 1 palm-sized portion of lean meats
* Good-quality, sugar and chemical free protein powder (hemp, soy, or whey)
* 2-3 liters per day of fresh water with no sodium
* Clear herbal tea (unsweetened)
* Black coffee (in moderation)
* Green / Black Tea
Sweeteners: Be sure to use these in moderation! Avoid artificial sweeteners!
* Maple sugar flakes
* Rapadura Sugar