All I can say is that these were a HUGE hit with my daughters!
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups milk (non-dairy milk works too)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat waffle maker (since there is no fat in the recipe, be sure to use a non-stick brand).
- Whisk flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl.
- Add milk.
- Add eggs.
- Whisk in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour in to waffle maker and cook!
- Top with fresh fruit!
Storage: If you end up with more waffles than you can eat, let cool, place small pieces of parchment paper between each waffle and place a stack of them in a Tupperware container or in a large Ziplock bag. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 4 months. When you are ready to eat, pop them right in the toaster!
Recipe Source: www.thegraciouspantry.com