A summer time favorite in my house is making Kabobs on the grill, so, I figured we may as well start making them now since the weather is finally nice! You can, of course, make kabobs any way you like, adding whatever veggies suits your family. These actually make great leftovers too! Bonus!
Here is the recipe that I used.:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning of your choice. The fiesta lime is great! Today I used the chicken seasoning.
- 2 bell peppers of any color, cut in to 1 inch cubes
- Fresh Pineapple – I used 2-3 large pineapple chunks per skewer
- Sea Salt to taste
- 6 Metal or Wooden Skewers
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, lemon juice, red onions, and paprika for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, cut up the veggies!
- Discard marinade and season the chicken with Mrs. Dash.
- Skewer the chicken cubes, veggies, and pineapple onto the stick. Another GREAT addition would be Zucchini!
- 4. Grill or broil until cooked through which is about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I served this with a side of brown rice. Delicious!