As the cool Fall season begins to settle in, soup is a must have on my dinner rotation list! I usually keep it to chicken noodle soup; however, I decided to try a new potato soup. It is not a thick, cream based soup like many potato soups out there, it is a much healthier version, and it was delicious! Oh, and did I mention it is a slow cooker recipe?! BONUS!
|Healthy Potato Soup|
- 6-8 medium sized potatoes, cubbed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- chopped green onions (optional garnish)
- Combine all vegetables, bouillon, and chicken broth in a large crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Add unsweetened almond milk and stir until heated through. Garnish and serve with a portion of cheddar cheese and green onions.