This recipe makes 4 servings at 2 fajitas each.
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 2 tsp. olive oil (divided use)
* 4 (6oz) raw, skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in to 1/2 inch strips
* 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut in to strips (I used a mix of green, red, and yellow)
* 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
* 8 large romaine (or butter) lettuce leaves
* 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
* 1 cup fresh salsa
* You can serve with lime wedges for garnish if desired
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. of olive oil in a large Zip-lock bag.
2. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion to the baggie. Mix gently to coat.
3. Refrigerate for approx. 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Empty contents of bag into skillet and cook, stirring frequently. Let cook for about 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
7. Evenly top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, avocado, and salsa.
8. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
**You can also use beef sirloin or even shrimp in place of the chicken.