I have to admit, my husband and I had a terrible experience with sloppy joe’s YEARS ago and haven’t eaten them since! So, I was a little hesitant on trying them out again, but, I came across this recipe from none other than the Gracious Panty and thought I’d give them another try. They were EXCELLENT and even got my husband’s approval!
Ingredients: (Make’s approximately 8 servings)
|Clean Eating Sloppy Joe’s|
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup clean ketchup. I use an organic brand with 4 grams of sugar per serving
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- Place olive oil in large pan, add the ground turkey and cook over medium heat.
- Once the meat is cooked, add everything else! Stir until well blended and heated through.
- Scoop however much you want onto a 100% whole wheat / clean bun. You could even use a tortilla if you’d like!
This is a GREAT recipe when you are short on time too! Try it out and let me know what you think!