|Happy Memorial Day!|
weekend of “whatevers.” I personally use home fitness programs because they are quick and effective. I don’t have to worry about child care and I can do it from the comfort of my home…..whenever I want!
|Shakeology for Breakfast!|
Total Time: 10 min.
Yield: 8 servings, ¼ cup each
*10 oz. fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups), steamed until wilted
*1½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt, drained
*3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
*¼ cup finely chopped green onions
*1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
*Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Place spinach in colander; drain of all excess water.
2. Finely chop spinach; place in a medium bowl.
3. Add yogurt, garlic, green onions, and lemon juice; mix well.
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Total Time: 20 min.
|Sweet Potato Skins with Chicken and Spinach|
Yield: 4 servings
*4 baked medium sweet potatoes, cut in half
*1 tsp. olive oil
*½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
*4 oz shredded cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
*1 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
*1 cup steamed spinach
*8 Tbsp. low-fat plain Greek yogurt
*¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Scoop flesh out of the sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
3. Place skins on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
4. While skins are baking, combine chicken and taco seasoning in a s mall bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Top each sweet potato half evenly with spinach, chicken mixture, yogurt, and cilantro.
*1 Red Onion finely diced
*1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
*1 can of Kidney beans drained and rinsed
*1 Avocado sliced into chunks
*1 tomato diced
*1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
*2 Tbsp salsa
*1 1/2 cups of frozen corn thawed and drained
*3 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
1. Mix all liquid ingredients together.
2. Add in all other ingredients and stir.
Clean Eating Sloppy Joe’s (Courtesy of The Gracious Pantry)
|Healthy Sloppy Joe’s|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup clean ketchup (organic)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
* 5 cups water
* 1 pound strawberries cleaned and stems removed
* 3/4 cup honey
* 1 cup lemon juice
* Juice of 2 limes
- Warm 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot with the honey until well combined.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remainder of the water, the honey water, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Put your strawberries in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Put the strawberries through a fine meshed sieve. You’ll have to
stir and press with a spatula to get it through the sieve completely.
- Stir strawberry juice into the pitcher and stir well.
- Chill and serve.
|Summer Slim Down Challenge|