I don’t know about you, but I LOVE crock pot recipes! Here is a great chicken recipe that I came across from skinnyms.com. My family really liked it and I was able to use the leftovers to make a delicious salad for lunch the following day! You could also use the leftovers in a 100% whole wheat tortilla. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
* 1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* Sea Salt, to taste
* 1 tsp coriander
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 2 tsp dried oregano
* 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
* 2 Tbsp honey
* 2 Garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup pomegranate juice (NO SUGAR ADDED)
* 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the pepper, sea salt, coriander, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano.
2. Add the olive oil and whisk. Coat chicken breasts with the herb and oil mixture before placing them in slow-cooker.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, pomegranate juice, and white balsamic vinegar. Pour over the chicken.
4. Cook on low for approximately 5-6 hours. After the chicken is done, remove from slow cooker, place on serving platter, and drizzle with excess liquid.
**I served this with a side of brown rice and some steamed broccoli.
|Makes for GREAT leftovers!|