You MUST try this recipe! Seriously, these muffins are sooo good! My girls loved them just as much as me! They also liked helping to make them! There are definitely some options that you could have in terms of toppings but in any case, this is a super easy recipe that would be really convenient to pop in the microwave in the morning for breakfast. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Optional: 1/8 cup of chia or flax seeds
- Optional Toppings: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, dark chocolate chips, nuts, chopped apple, banana, etc.
|Baked Oatmeal Muffins|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, milk, applesauce, banana, and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in the oats, chia/flax (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Grease a muffin pan or fill a muffin pan with baking cups.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Add the toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
They are DELICIOUS when right out of the oven! You could even store them in the freezer if you are making a larger batch.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!