I got a chance to try my first recipe from the Fixate cookbook today! Of course, it was a dessert recipe! Now, before you look at the ingredients and turn your nose up let me tell you, I did JUST THAT a few months ago! I remember a friend of mine posting a similar recipe and I had the same face you are probably going to have here in a few seconds. As a result, I never gave them a try. I was surprised to see them in Fixate and since I had the ingredients, I figured I’d just give them a try!
Both my 3 and 5 year old daughters LOVED them, and so did my hubby! In fact, my girls helped me make them! I encourage YOU to give them a try! Let me know what you think!
For those following the color coded portion control plan like the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Insanity Max 30, or Cize, this would be considered 1 YELLOW CONTAINER.
|Flourless Chocolate Chickpea Brownies|
- Nonstick cooking spray and 8×8 inch pan
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Line 9×9 OR 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray and set aside.
- Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand until blended.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut in to 16 squares.
Serving Size = 1 brownie
**Side note….I didn’t have any butter so I went with the coconut oil. It did give the brownies a bit of a coconut taste.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!