I tried a new dinner tonight from once again, the Fixate Cookbook! I did add my own little variation to the recipe so it is not exact to the book. I based it on the ingredients that I had. No surprise to me, it was fantastic! It’s definitely going on the rotation list! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for 1 SERVING:
- 1 (4oz) chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 thick tomato slices
- 4 fresh basil leaves (I ended up using a sprinkle of the spice)
- 1 slice of fresh mozzarella (1oz)
- 1 dash sea salt
- 4 tsp of balsamic vinegar, divided use
- Season both sides of chicken with pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and top with 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top the chicken with tomato slices and basil followed by the mozzarella slice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are softened.
- Serve with a sprinkle of basil on top!
I paired this with some green beans and brown rice.