|Chicken Noodle Soup|
Ingredients: (Make 4 servings at 1 1/2 cups each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery (about 4 medium stalks)
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups dry whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes (or until the onion is translucent).
- Add broth, chicken, carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat to low and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro before serving.
Gluten Free: You can substitute with rice pasta or quinoa pasta for the whole wheat pasta.
For those who follow the color coded portion control plan, for example, the 21 Day Fix, this recipe would be 2 greens, 1 1/2 yellows, and 1 red per serving.