- cooking spray
- 1 pound Alaskan skinless cod fillet, about 1-inch thick (thawed if frozen)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the crumbs:
- 1 cup plain Panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and adjust the rack to the center position. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.
2. Slice the fish crosswise into 2-inch long strips, about 1-inch wide.
3. Combine egg whites, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. In a second bowl combine the Panko crumbs with Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and remaining paprika.
5. Pat fish dry with paper towels and dip the fish into the egg mixture,
then into crumbs, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the top
of the fish with oil and bake until the crumbs are golden and the fish
is cooked through, about 12 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and
the fish is cooked through.