|Strawberry French Toast|
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices low sodium sprouted whole grain bread (I love Ezekiel)
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 tsp maple syrup, and cinnamon in a shallow pan; whisk to blend.
2. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture for 5 minutes, turning halfway.
3. Heat the coconut oil on a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bread and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side (or until desired texture / golden brown)
5. Serve by topping each slice with 1 tsp maple syrup and 1/2 cup strawberries per slice.