Yield: 12 servings, 2 cookies each
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped raw pecans (optional)
- 24 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven for 350° F.
2. Lightly coat two baking sheets with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine oats, almond flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine egg, pumpkin, and maple syrup in a large bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture and chopped pecans (and/or chocolate chips if you are using them) to pumpkin mixture; mix until blended.
6. Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet; flatten cookies with a spatula. Top each cookie with a pecan half.
7. Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until firm.