These are a MUST TRY if you are someone who enjoys snack type bars like granola bars. They hit the spot PERFECTLY without a ton of processed junk! I want to give full credit to where I got this recipe as I didn’t need to make any changes to it! It came from one of my FAVORITE recipes sites, Eat Yourself Skinny!
Give them a try and let me know if you love them as much as me!
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (I actually only had quick oats so that’s what I used and they were still delicious!)
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (divided use)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Parchment Paper
- Small saucepan
- Combine oats and puffed rice cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In small saucepan whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, almond butter, and honey on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium-low. Whisk continuously and allow mixture to simmer for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over the dry oats/cereal and blend together until evenly coated.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Press granola mixture firmly into the baking dish and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top along with a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and life the parchment paper out of the baking dish.
- Cut into 18 bars and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. You can store these at room temperature or freeze them to have later.
Truth be told, the picture of my bars is not nearly as pretty as the one on the Eat Yourself Skinny website, but they were still delicious! Once I started cutting, some of it started to crumble a bit. I wrapped what I could and ended up putting the crumbled pieces in a baggie to use in my yogurt for lunch the rest of the week!
This one gets a double thumbs up for me and I will definitely be making them again in the future!