I have got a good one for you!! This is another recipe from one of my favorite recipe sites, Eat Yourself Skinny. I knew from the moment I came across it that I wanted to give it a try. Sure enough, it was delicious and has been added to the dinner rotation list! Personally, I think this is a great alternative to traditional tortilla fajitas because it is a low-carb option.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts cutlets
- 1/2 red belle pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cilantro.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large freezer bag and pour marinade over the top. Be sure chicken gets fully coated. Place bag in refrigerator for at least one hour (you can also marinate overnight).
- Once marinated, lay chicken out on large plate or platter and place 3-4 bell pepper slices in the middle of each cutlet. Roll up each cutlet and secure with a toothpick.
- Place each cutlet in a prepared baking dish seam side down. If you have any remaining marinade you can brush it on top.
- Bake at 375 degree F for about 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: I did soak the toothpicks in cold water for about 10 minutes prior to using them.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!