New recipe alert! So, I’ve been doing the Shift Shop program and there are some AMAZING recipes that new trainer, Chris Downing, has released with his program. I tend to eat more chicken than any other protein so I am always looking to spice up my chicken recipes. When I saw this one, I knew I had to try it! I did make some changes on how I personally made it so check it out below! This one was SIMPLE and did the trick perfectly! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 (4oz) raw boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of steamed spinach
- 1 slice of cheese (part-skim mozzarella or provolone)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in medium skillet on stove. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about one minute.
- Add chicken breasts and cook about 5 minutes on each side (or until no longer pink). While the chicken is cooking I heated the other tsp of oil in a small skillet, added the spinach, and cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once chicken and spinach are cooked, I topped the chicken (in medium skillet) with a handful of spinach, followed by the cheese. (I personally did not use a full slice of cheese but you definitely can!)
- Cover the skillet and head for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately! (I served it with steamed broccoli and sweet potato fries.)
I ate one chicken breast (1 serving) and saved the other to mix up with some lettuce and veggies for lunch the following day.
For those following the portion control containers, this recipe would be 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue (depending on how much cheese you use), and 1 tsp