I have got THE BEST recipe EVER to share with you today! I am currently on the Shift Shop nutrition plan, which is a Beachbody program, and tried out one of the “approved” recipes, Bell Pepper Nachos. This was one of the first recipes that appealed to me when I browsed through the options. You do have flexibility on this plan and can make anything that your creative mind thinks of (assuming the ingredients are on the food lists), but there are plenty of recipes that are broken in to the 3 weeks so that you really don’t have to put that much thought in to it.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 pound raw 93% lean ground turkey
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp low sodium taco seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium bell pepper (color of your choice) cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups low sodium black beans
- Preheat over to 375 degree F.
- Heat a small saucepan and add black beans. Heat on low, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a medium skillet and lightly spray with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to medium saucepan and stir frequently for about 4 to 5 minutes (or until onion is translucent).
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Mix well and stir frequently (about 2-3 minutes).
- Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish. Top peppers with turkey mixture, cheese, and black beans.
- Bake in oven for about 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Divide the pepper mixture evenly between 4 serving plates.
- You can top with jalapeno and pico de gallo if desired.
Container Counts (PER SERVING) if you are following the portion fix nutrition plan: 1 Red, 2 Green, 1/2 Blue (this container count DOES NOT include the jalapeno and/or pico de gallo)
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!