Here is a super easy ONE POT dinner recipe for those extra busy weekday nights, or when you just don’t have the time to cook a big meal! As a bonus, you could double the recipe so that you have leftovers for your lunches!
Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can see in my picture I only used 3 because I was only cooking for me and my husband at the time)
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, divided use
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper (to taste) and 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- Place chicken in skillet and brown for about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken should not be cooked through at this point).
- Remove / transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the rice to the skillet along with the chicken broth, juiced lemon, and 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture, cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the liquid has dissolved and the chicken is no longer pink on the inside. BE CAREFUL not to cook too long because the rice will burn and stick to the pan.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
- Serve immediately.
To complete this meal, you can add in a veggie of choice. I like to buy the frozen bags of green beans (and other veggies) so that I can easily toss them in the microwave to cook!
I hope you like this recipe as much I did!