This is must try recipe for the entire family! You can customize it to your liking, too! I came across the idea of this recipe when a Delish video popped up in my Facebook newsfeed. I knew I had to try it! We gave it a try the other week and it was definitely a hit!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt / ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 2-3 tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-3 bell peppers (color of your choice), thinly sliced
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on cutting board and make 4-5 slits in each breast. Do not slice the entire way through.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper (if desired) as well as Italian seasoning
- Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomato, and bell pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with about 1/4 cup of cheese
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately.
I personally served this with a side of brown rice but it would also pair well with a potato.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!